Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix
You want a grow box that doesn’t include Mycelium? The Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix has arrived! 1400cc of sterilized rye grain is included in this spawn or substrate package. The Mushbag comprises a heat-treated substrate ideal for the creation of spawn from most edible and magical mushrooms.
The Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix has an air filter and a rubber injection opening that hermetically closes the bag after injection with a spore or mycelium syringe. After the mycelium has colonized the rye, it may be utilized for a number of growing techniques.
This grow kit does not contain spores or liquid culture, but they may be acquired from our spore collection.
Contents of the Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix
- Mushbag with 1400 grams: Sterilized substrate with a moisture content: 60-65%. A mixture of rye, vermiculite, perlite and Gypsum.
- Keep refrigerated. Do not store the Mushbag above a radiator or in the full sun.
- Use within 2 weeks
Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix Substrate Instructions
Before you start: Clean your work area
- Use soap to clean your hands an a disinfectant to clean your work area. Make sure your work area is clean and sterile, before you lay out all materuals and get strted with the process.
- Make sure there is no draft if you cultivate mushrooms.
- Wash your hands and arms every time before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant or antibacterial soap. As extra protection use disinfected gloves and a face mask.
Let’s get started by taking the first step: Infect the liquid culture. Liquid Culture is a nourishing solution that has been sterilized. This is often a blend of water and different sugars. When injected with mushroom spores, the combination has the capacity to generate mycelium development.
You may skip this step and go to the “Inoculation of the Substrate kit” if you wish to inject spores straight into the substrate bag using a spore syringe.
Prepare the Liquid Culture
For this step you need a liquid culture vial or make liquid culture yourself. And a mushrooms spores syringe or spore vail.
Wash your hands or use gloves !
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
- Inject 2,5 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture of 10 ml or 5 ml of spore solution on 25ml
Colonizing the Liquid Culture
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 day
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days
- Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius.
The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium.
Your Liquid culture is ready, It is called the Master Culture, if used and stored properly you can have lots of mycelium from only a tiny bit of spores.
Important! If the liquid is murky, it means there is a contamination and the culture is unusable.
If you don’t use the liquid culture store it in the refrigerator.
Inoculation of the MushBag Rye Substrate
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected work space. You will need:
- Mushbag Rye substrate bag
- Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores
- A lighter or spirit burner
- Alcohol preps
- Disinfectant Spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 10 ml of spore solution or use the prepared Liquid Culture (10 -25 ml). This is enough spores to inoculate the Mushbag Rye Mushroom substrate.
- Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Disinfect it with an alcohol swab. Do not touch it again
- Shake the spore syringe very well for 5 till 10 seconds. This will get the spore of the sides and distribute them through the spore solution more evenly.
- Get the syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the bag. Add all of the mushroom spore solution in the substrate kit. If the flow blocks ,gently pull the needle back a bit.
- Carefully squeeze and shake the bag to to spread the spore suspension through the substrate.
- Store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23-27 degrees
Colonization of the Mushbag Rye
Keep the MushBag Rye in a dark place with a temperature between 26 and 28 degrees Celsius to let the mycelium to develop and colonize the substrate.
Please keep in mind that lower temperatures will either halt or extend the colonization of the substrate. Temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius will halt mycelium growth.
After 3-7 days, mycelium will begin to develop from the locations where the spores were deposited. Mycelium resembles cotton threads and grows more stringy as it develops and colonizes the mushroom substrate.
The Mushbag may swell somewhat during this step.
Shaking the bag may help mycelium grow faster. Only do this if you detect mycelium growing in big areas of the bags. Break it up a little to spread it out and allow the mycelium to grow.
The mycelium takes 2-4 weeks to colonize the substrate in the box. There should be no vacant substrate places.
Wait another 5-7 days to ensure that the spores have colonized the interior of the substrate as well. Now that the mushroom substrate has been completely covered by the mycelium, the kit is ready to be fruited or used as spawn to inoculate new substrate.
Originating from the Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix
The simplest approach for harvesting mushrooms from mushbag rye is to open the bag on top. Make a vermiculite casing layer on top of the substrate surface.
Close the bag with clothespins or paper clips after adding some wet. When the circumstances are favorable, you may expect a large output of mushrooms within a few weeks.
|Tipo growkit||Without Mycelium|
|Power||n / d|
|Optimal cultivation temperature||24ºC|
|Harvest (Min)||100 grams|
|Harvest (Max)||1000 grams|
|Water sprayer is required||Yes|