Fresh Mushrooms® Magic Mushroom Grow Kit beginner set
The FreshMushrooms Grow Kit Starter Kit includes everything you need to start growing mushrooms. Choose your favorite strain:
Growing with FreshMushrooms Grow Kits is a breeze. Because of the already colonized substrate and lack of fillers, these FreshMushrooms kits require no care. You don’t have to do much to obtain your first flush with high psilocin levels. Follow the directions below to ensure a plentiful harvest of mushrooms!
- Fast growing: 1 week to first pins
- High yields: Up to 4 flushes. (with excellent conditions)
- High Potency: According the supplier the XP (Extra Potent) strains are twice as potent!
Contents of FreshMushrooms XP Mushroom Grow Kit
- 1x FreshMushrooms Mushrooms Grow box – This contains rye substrate with active mycelium
- 1x Growbag – The bag has filters across the bag.
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Any open windows should be closed. Wind and drafts can carry microorganisms into the Magic Mushroom grow kit, contaminating it.
- When removing the grow box with the cake from the carton box, place it on a clean surface. If this surface is not clean, microorganisms may stick to the grow box and thrive within the Magic
- Mushroom grow kit, contaminating the grow box.
- Make sure your hands and arms are clean. When handling the kit, we recommend using medical gloves or a strong disinfectant. To avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake, wear a facemask.
Instructions: Starting the Magic Mushroom grow kit
1. Remove the magic mushroom grow kit, plastic bag, and paperclip from the package. Remove the mushroom grow kit’s lid (retain the cover correctly). Under running water, rinse the lid. It will be required again later (step 7).
2.Place the mushroom grow kit without the cover in the plastic grow bag (top opening). Slide the bag’s opening beneath the bottom, with the tiny perforation pointing up. The bag’s opening is now mostly closed. You do not need to be concerned about air movement.
3. When you notice the first little mushrooms (known as pins), turn the grow bag upright. Do not irrigate! After roughly a week, the first magical mushrooms will appear.
4. Place the mushroom grow kit in a well-lit place with a temperature between 18 and 28 degrees Celsius. NEVER position the grow kit directly in the sun. Although mushrooms will grow at practically any temperature over 15 °C, the best temperature for harvesting is 23 °C. Special heat mats are available to maintain this temperature without heating the entire room.
5. When the mushrooms are somewhat larger, keep the bag slightly open the entire time so the moisture may drain (Phase 2). Too much wetness is bad.
After about a week, the first mushrooms will appear. Your first harvest will be around one week later. Make certain to harvest before the first spores fall! Freshmushroom grow kits yield their first crop rather rapidly. After barely one week, the first buds are evident. Low and high temperatures may cause its development to be slightly delayed. Stop spraying the interior of the bag as soon as the buds are visible. The mushrooms normally take one to two weeks to completely mature.
6.These kits can provide many mushroom harvests. After the initial harvest, fill the kit with clean tap water. This is referred to as cold shock. It gives the mycelium fresh vitality and guarantees that
7. Place the lid of the grow Kit back on the kit. Let the kit rest for 12 hours. Open a corner of the lid and drain the excess water. From here you can follow the instructions from step 1 again. This process can be repeated several times.
Growing with heatingmat (use only for this kit)
Place the heat mat on top of the plastic bag containing the Grow Kit. Switch on the heat mat. Turn off the heat pad after two days and wait for the buds to develop, which usually takes between five and ten days. Turn on the heat mat again and unzip the top of the bag slightly to enable the moisture to escape.
What should you do if no buds emerge after 10 days? Remove the cake from the plastic box, set it back on its side in the plastic box, and continue the two-day process with the heat mat.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is advised to begin the cultivation process as soon as possible. If you want to start growing later, you may keep the magic mushroom grow kit in a Soaking Bag in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for up to 4 weeks following the manufacture date.
24°C is the optimal temperature. The temperature should not go below 18°C and should not rise over 29°C. Use a thermo mat to keep the temperature above 18°C. In the winter or colder places of the world, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The mycelium in the magic mushroom grow kit simply requires light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine each day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 7 and 10 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms appear in clusters. This group might be tiny or huge. That is determined by the strain. A flush is a type of growth like this. Mushrooms virtually seldom ripen all at once. A kit can provide more than one flush. The first two flushes are the most significant. More flushes will follow, each one smaller than the last.
When the veil between the hat and the stem has barely torn, the mushrooms are ripe and ready to be plucked. Don’t put it off any longer. Put on medical gloves or clean your hands, wrists, and arms. Pick only the ripe mushrooms and leave the others to develop. There is no top layer of vermiculite on the cake. This makes picking the mushrooms much simpler than with ordinary grow kits. Holding the mushrooms between your thumb and index finger, you can simply take them out of the cake. They mushroom almost quickly let go. Pick the tiny mushrooms and pins once you’ve chosen the majority of the larger mushrooms.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms thrive when there is enough light and minimal penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the sides of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well. This is difficult to dispute and is permissible. To keep the edges of the grow box dark, some gardeners cover them in aluminum foil, although this doesn’t always work.
When mushrooms grow there, collect them immediately before soaking the kit:
Hands are clean! Remove the grow box from the bag and set it on your other hand, upside down. Wiggle the plastic box until the cake falls out and into your hand. Place the plastic box on a disinfecting surface. You may now pluck the mushrooms off the edges of the cake with this hand. When all of the mushrooms have been selected, return the cake to the plastic box and resume the soaking procedure.
After the second flush, if no additional mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks, or if the Magic Mushroom grow kit becomes green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit can be discarded. The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacterium. The Psilocybe cubensis Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outside in the garbage.
When you pluck the mushrooms too late, they will shed their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will become black/purple (some other cubensis strains will turn red/brown). This isn’t a big deal; it simply doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.